The simple solution to the complex problem of margining forward-settling trades, including TBAs.
SIFMA & TMPG’s DEADLINE IS DEC 31st. ARE YOU READY?
MARGIN CALCULATOR IS THE QUICKEST, EASIEST WAY TO MEET THIS REQUIREMENT.
- Nothing to install; no systems integration
- Simple text file transfers
- Month to month contract
- No complex, error-prone spreadsheets
- Monitor open positions, margin collateral and cash
- Track interest, P&I, coupons and redemptions on your posted collateral
HOW IT WORKS
Simple & hassle free
Upload counterparty and transaction data
Download and review exposure and margin reports
Make or validate margin calls
Comply with the SIFMA / TMPG recommendation to manage your counterparty risk
- MarginCalculator.com will aid you in mitigating your counterparty risk due to market value changes of your forward-settling trades by calculating your gross and net exposures.
- You provide your counterparties, limits, open trades, and margin movements.
- We mark your positions and margin collateral using Interactive Data Corporation prices, as an independent, industry-wide accepted vendor. Cash is marked at Fed Funds Effective.
- We provide various interactive reports detailing exposure, prices, upcoming coupons, P&I and redemptions to aid you in the management of your trade and margin positions.
Our volumetric pricing structure is simple and keeps costs down
- A $500 sign up fee for processing your account setup.
- A $1000 per month subscription fee to maintain your account data, reports, and MSFTA agreements.
- A tiered fee of 25 cents per transaction uploaded or tracked, per day, with reductions at higher levels of activity.
A transaction defined as a new, open, or canceled trade, margin or cash movement.
We provide the following reports to you daily
- Net Exposure Report: shows net exposure or advantage by counterparty.
- Exposure Detail Report: shows your exposure, trade by trade. With our easy “click and send” feature, you will receive an email with an Excel-readable attachment that you can forward to your counterparty.
- Margin Contracts Report: detailing margin collateral or time deposits (margin cash in from counterparties) and placements (cash out).
- Purchases and Sales Blotter: a list of all your purchases and sales.
- Upcoming Coupon, Principal and Interest Payments, and Redemptions on margined collateral.